My birthday was last month, and the coupon-lover that I am, I knew in advance that I had a lot of sweet deals coming my way. I’m not sure if you’re aware, but those newsletters you get in your email every day that you may find annoying really do pay off. It may only be once or twice a year, but your birthday is definitely one of those times.
To share the wealth, and also to give props to the amazing brands that gave me birthday gifts, I wanted to post about them here and give my readers the opportunity to see all the fun things they may (or may not) be missing! So here they are… my Top 10 birthday treats of 2011:
10. Panera Bread: Free pastry of your choice (must have a rewards card in advance)
9. Dunkin’ Donuts: Free medium coffee, latte, tea, Coolatta® or hot chocolate (must be a member of Dunkin’ Perks in advance)
8. Starbucks: Free Drink of your choice (must have a registered Starbucks gift card)
7. TGI Friday’s: Free Dessert (must have a Stripes card in advance)
6. Red Robin: Free burger on your birthday (must be a member of their eClub and have a loyalty card in advance)
5. Sephora: Free Philosophy Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath (must be a member of the Beauty Insiders Club)
4. DSW: $5 off (must be a member of DSW Rewards)
3. Express: $10 off any purchase
2. Victoria’s Secret: $10 off any purchase
And my #1, while it is unfortuantely only local to Boston, I chose as #1 because I really loved their thoughtfulness. Not only are they giving you $10 off, but there’s an added bonus (and wine always scores high with me)!
1. Tasca: $10 food certificate, and an added bonus of a free bottle of champagne for birthday parties of six or more
Other than the added benefit of giving you a free bottle of champagne, Tasca’s offer is also brilliant from a business perspective because they encourage you to bring parties of six or more to their restaurant. And it’s nice that they don’t force you to go in ON your birthday – the offer was valid for the whole month.
While I didn’t take advantage of ALL of these offers because (for the same reason I’ve been neglecting the blog!) I’ve been extremely busy these past few months, I definitely took advantage of some of them, and they all gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. So here’s a big shout out to all of these brands for helping me have a fabulous birthday!